Los Angeles, CA, USA

Rain Room | LACMA


I am sure you all know that I have done a fair share of museum visits, ranging from lacma to the broad and even the met in nyc, I would consider myself a museum connoisseur (well kind of) so when I got the email from lacma saying that tickets for the rain room have been released, I knew I had to jump on that opportunity. I have been wanting to go to the rain room for over a year now after many failed attempts at getting tickets so I was ecstatic when I finally got tickets, especially since the exhibit is supposed to close at the end of the month. 

if you are not familiar with the rain room, it is an art exhibit that is currently being displayed at the los angeles county museum of art and it is this big platform with rain falling down (it's pretty hard rain I might add) so when you step on the platform, there are sensors that realize you are there and they stop the rain where you are standing. so you end up being surrounded by rain drops with the luxury of not getting wet! but, you have to be careful because if you move too quickly, then the sensors might not catch you fast enough, and then you'll end up drenched

now let me just say, after seeing countless of instagram posts taken in the rain room, this exhibit was definitely not overhyped and it exceeded my expectations. you get 15 minutes to spend in the rain room and it was so much fun! special shoutout to alina for being my model hehe 

here are some of my favorite pictures that I took while there, but if you want to check out the album, you can head on over to my flickr to see all of the photos there! but in the mean time, enjoy!


it feels so good to finally take pictures again...I feel like I have been in a creative rut so I'm happy to get back out there with my camera :') can't wait for more photo opportunities in the future! also, if anyone has any tips/suggestions on places they love in la/nyc, that would be super helpful!! hope everyone has a lovely week/weekend x

Until next time...

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Kelly Guidry. Design by Fearne.