Goodbye 2016...Hello 2017!


oh 2016, you have surely been a good one! I do this thing at the end of every year where I reflect on all of the amazing things that happened during that year and there were so many in 2016! it's weird to think that just this year, I graduated high school, went on a trip with seventeen magazine and moved to a completely new state for college in between having a job for the first time, going to school, and making memories with family and friends. boy, I need a nap after all of this! but, honestly, SO MUCH HAPPENED THIS YEAR!! I will forever be grateful for all that God has blessed me with - good health, good people, good food. a girl couldn't ask for more if you ask me...

however, with the new year, I always like to make a list of things I could improve/work on. I know that many think the saying "new year, new me" is a cliché, but honestly I am not the same person I was last year, heck even the beginning of the year. each new year comes with new experiences, which leads us to growing just a bit, whether it is physically, mentally, or emotionally, we are constantly growing and I love to see how much I've grown just over 12 short months (this year went by fast didn't it!?) but looking to 2017, here is a list of things I really want to work on & maybe they will inspire you to make a list of your own...

1. be stronger - by working out more, whether that is going to the gym or doing yoga, as well as partaking in more self-reflection. in 2017, I want it to be the year of "me" where I can become a stronger woman by the end of the year, one who is more confident in herself and one who knows just how powerful she is

2. #NoAcne2017 - if only this one could be true HAHA but I'm going to include this in the kind of "self-care" i'm looking to improve by taking care of my skin better, eating healthier, drinking more water, etc. 2017 is the year I finally treasure my body for what it is

3. embrace the weird - as someone who always wants things to be a certain way, I want to try and be a little more carefree where if something comes out of the blue, I don't freak out as much as I usually do. I feel like this one will help relieve a lot of the stress that's in my life at the moment. I also want to embrace and appreciate all of the weirdos in my life more, the ones who help make me complete (you know who you are hehe)

4. focus on my studies - i've always been good with my studies, but for this one, I want to create a routine where I can get in some good studying and homework time, rather than frantically trying to find time at the last minute and ending up doing my homework at 11 o'clock at night & I also want to improve my blog this year, by trying new things and getting more posts out in the next year! stay tuned for new content up on this website as I figure out my life one day at a time hehe

5. have fun - just take every moment in because they will be the stories I tell my kids one day so here's to more photoshoots, adventures, tattoos, boys, yummy food, and incredible memories in the new year :')

2016 will be a tough one to beat, but I am confident that 2017 will be a good one x

hope you all have a lovely new year and stay safe wherever you go x

Until next time...

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Kelly Guidry. Design by Fearne.