Different Colors


When I was given the opportunity to do a powder shoot with my friend Anjali, it was too hard to resist! Although, I was hesitant at first because I was afraid that the powder would stain my skin and my clothes (such a silly reason tbh) BUT I am so glad that I went through with it! 

The first time Anjali and I went out, it was 1:00 in the afternoon, and we were not prepared! After the 15-minute walk under the blazing sun, we reached the location, a "Redwood Grove." I didn't even know it existed, especially since we live in Southern California where there is little to no rain, but alas we finally found the hidden forest only to realize that Anjali left her SD card at home! We didn't want to waste the time so we tried our best with an iPhone camera (not pictured above) but we definitely knew we wanted to come back...

Fast forward a couple of weeks and we finally got the chance to return to the beautiful Redwood Grove! This time we went at golden hour so the walk was definitely not as bad and I am amazed at how the pictures turned out! I'm in love! Working with powder was an experience I will never forget, especially being able to use a variety of vibrant colors AND the best part was that it didn't stain my clothes OR my skin :-) 

For the shoot, I wore a baby blue A-line dress from Old Navy. I wanted to go simple because we were in a nature setting and it just so happened the color of the dress worked perfectly with the colors of the powder! 

I can't wait for more shoots like this in the future!

Until next time...

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Kelly Guidry. Design by Fearne.