Los Angeles, CA, USA

The Broad


as I have begun to settle into the college lifestyle, I now have some down time to catch up on all of the content that I have been meaning to post! first off, I think I have been talking about the broad pretty much all summer and the fact that I was able to visit the week before I left california, makes it practically fate.


now I have to give props to christine and her cousin for giving us the full hook up, only having to wait 20 minutes to see the infinity room instead of hours was so cool and it sucks that you are only allowed 45 seconds in the room :( but, the infinity room was so pretty and I wish I could spend all of my time in there hehe

we started off at the infinity room so we had the rest of our time there to explore. I have to admit that I was a little surprised at the size of the broad, I thought it was much bigger and held more art than it actually did, so I am very happy that we didn't have to wait to enter the museum. seeing that some people wait hours to go into the broad, I feel like I would be a little disappointed for what was visible to the public.

since this is the third museum I have visited, I have learned that art is a really abstract practice and it is kind of wild to see the pieces that make it to a museum. for example, there was a vacuum in a glass box (?) & then there was a gold-painted toilet (?) but props to the artists for being able to get their artwork into major museums!! but don't get me wrong, there is plenty of amazing artwork in the broad, those were just a couple that stood out to me and had me a little confused


after seeing the below art piece pretty much anytime someone went to the broad and decided to post about it on instagram, I have to admit that I was looking forward to seeing the piece in person & it did not disappoint! I could've spent hours trying to get the perfect boomerang of the piece, but then that would've annoyed the people around me so I opted not to haha


this piece below was probably the coolest one to look at throughout the entire museum. the detail on the man's face looked so real that it could have easily been thought of as a photo rather than a painting. the artist was able to create skin that looked so real - it had everything, wrinkles, shadows from the nose, etc., I couldn't stop staring at the man's face!


after the broad, we headed to the walt disney concert hall where we got excellent views of downtown la and the la food & wine festival that was going on that night. watching the festival had christine and me so excited to be twenty-one so we could be classy gals having a night out drinking wine and eating delicious food ahh one day, one day...


I was very happy that I was finally able to knock the broad off of my bucket list!! it was a wonderful trip and I seriously cannot wait to be reunited with christine so we could have more adventures. chris, if you're reading this, thanks for finally taking me to the broad and I miss you so much, but I know you're doing great things at school, can't wait to see you in october!!

now that I have more time in my day to edit photos/write, I will definitely be posting more content so get ready for that!! and to any of those that had their first day of school today, hope it went great!

Until next time,

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Kelly Guidry. Design by Fearne.