Bronx, NY, USA

Bronx Zoo


if there is one thing that I enjoy doing in my free time - it has to be going to the zoo. I remember back when I was touring fordham last november, I saw that there was the bronx zoo and when I got the opportunity to go a couple weeks ago, I couldn't pass on that chance! although the bronx zoo did not match the experience as the san diego zoo, it was still fun to go into the city and explore a new area of new york!


being at the zoo made me wonder how exactly the animals survive in the snow, especially ones like giraffes and rhinos who are used to hot climates...also, I have now learned that watching gorillas is one of the most entertaining things, they are so humanlike & it was so intriguing to see how they interact with one another as well as people who are looking at them through the glass. do you think by now, the zoo animals know that there are people staring at them everyday? anyways, enjoy!


the butterfly exhibit was such a fun attraction to go to. I am a huge fun of butterflies so it was exciting to have tons of butterflies fluttering around me in their different shapes, sizes, and colors! but I have to admit that they are very difficult to photograph since their movements are so unexpected.


this little girl was in love with the giraffes and kept waving at them to have them come over toward us. one of my favorite things about visiting places where there are a lot of people is the amount of people watching you can do - especially little kids. the way they get so excited over an animal lying down or eating a leaf is so cute and innocent, I wish I could go back to that age (not really, but you get my point)


the gorilla exhibit had to have been my favorite part of the day, I am pretty sure we spent at least thirty minutes watching them. it is so crazy how humanlike they are and their mannerisms are so similar to ours. also, I wonder what they talk about all day, such as is there drama in the gorilla enclosure? at one point, this one gorilla swatted at another gorilla so the second one ran over to a corner to hide as if he was in time out, it was so mesmerizing to watch how similar they act like us!


the zoo was such a fun way to spend my saturday and I cannot wait for future weekend adventures! if you have any favorite places in the nyc & long island area, please let me know! 

Until next time...



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Kelly Guidry. Design by Fearne.