DAY TRIP TO SAN DIEGO


For post #2, I am coming to you with photos from my day trip to San Diego. This has been on my friends' and my bucket list for the longest time and I am so happy that we were finally able to cross it off! Also, it was my first time driving longer than 30 minutes so I was pretty proud of myself for coming back home in one piece hehe


We first stopped in Carlsbad to see The Flower Fields, which was probably my favorite part of the trip (besides brunch, which I will get to in a minute) The fields are covered in ranunculus, which I call the off-brand peonies so I was pretty excited about that! Also, the weather was gloomy, which made for perfect photography weather. As I look back on these photos, I think I need a tan because I'm pretty sure I blend in with the sky oops #kellythefriendlyghost


For brunch, Alina suggested that we go to Eclipse Chocolate, which is known for their Avocado Benedict and let me tell you IT WAS HEAVEN. I just might go back to San Diego so I can experience that amazing dish all over again. The hollandaise sauce was to die for and now my mouth is watering just thinking about it again mmm. A trip is not complete without a visit to an ice cream shop and for this trip we visited Hammond's! We tried one of their flights, which is the best way to go because everyone can get what they want. I had the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut and the Chocolate PB Oreo ice creams, which were so delicious and the walls were decorated with homemade, vintage art, it was so cute! 


Before heading home, we stopped at Sunset Cliffs to watch the sunset and let me just tell you that we were NOT dressed properly. We were so cold that we had to leave before the sun actually set because we were so numb, but of course, we were able to get some few shots in! 


To check out my trip to The ARTIC, click here! To check out my LA Adventure, click here!

Until next time...

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Kelly Guidry. Design by Fearne.