Hempstead, NY, USA

#HofDebate16


in case you were not aware, on september 26, 2016, the first presidential debate was held at hofstra university. also, if you were not aware, I attend hofstra university, which means that by the transitive property, I went to the debate. although I was not able to go into the actual debate hall, I never would have imagined that I would have the opportunity to experience a presidential debate firsthand. 


knowing that hillary clinton and donald trump were in the same vicinity as me as well as tons of media and celebrities is so cool and honestly every time I think about this day, I just get so excited about it all! seeing the preparations begin the moment I walked onto campus to now seeing everything come together is sort of surreal. I am so proud to be a hofstra student!!

to honor this memorable day, I thought the best way to document it would be to do a photo series of everything that happened around campus. taking my camera around was one of the most fun things ever and it was so interesting seeing the various political views spread across campus, whether it be #BlackLivesMatter protesters to Trump and Clinton supporters. seeing the student body come together to support their candidates and just have a fun time is something I will never forget.

hope you enjoy the photo series!!


this was an experience I will never forget and even though I could not attend the actual debate, between the viewing parties and the plethora of media surrounding the campus, it still felt like I was involved. (p.s. I saw my favorite journalist today, THE anderson cooper, and it was the best moment of my life and also check out your girl on the MTVnews website!!)

this election is one of great importance and if you have the opportunity to vote, then I highly encourage you to. you can definitely bet I will be voting on november 8th!! stay woke my friends x

Until next time...

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© Kelly Guidry. Design by Fearne.