LA Adventure II


Back again with another LA Adventure post for you! I think the older I get, the more I look forward to going to museums hehe This time I went museum hopping with my godmother and it was such a fun day! My godmother really encourages me to bring out the creative side in me and I couldn't be more grateful to have her in my life! If you are reading this, I love you Auntie Dom! 
So we set out for Downtown LA to visit MOCA and The Broad. Unfortunately, the wait for The Broad was too long so we couldn't go in...one day I will get into that museum!! But, MOCA was super fun! At the time that we went, there were several elementary school field trips going on and it was so funny seeing the kids react to the art. There were a couple who even asked if the bench to sit on was art, which I thought was pretty funny as the security guard told them no haha



I think this artwork below was my absolute favorite of the day! It is called "April 21, 1978" by Sarah Charlesworth. It consists of 45 front page newspaper articles from across the globe that are from the day the Italian president, Aldo Moro was kidnapped by The Red Brigades. The interesting thing is that she only kept the logo of the newspaper and the photos on the page. I thought it was so cool because it gives insight to the priorities of topics for the specific countries based on how big certain images were and what they were of! As an aspiring journalist, it was amazing to see how journalism is throughout the world even though there was no text on any of the articles!


If you know me, you know that I have always wanted to visit the Walt Disney Concert Hall (well to take pictures to be exact hehe) and I finally got to see it in person that day, which made me one happy girl!


We then ventured to Bottega Louie for lunch! My friends had been raving about it and I was so happy to finally try it! The food was delicious, but can we please talk about how pretty their macarons were!? Their "Early Grey" macaron was my favorite and I am having serious withdrawals hehe


Our next stop was to visit the other museum for MOCA that was themed: "Don't Look Back: The 1990's at MOCA" and let me just say, it was...interesting. Some of the pieces were a little out there for me, basically anything by Paul McCarthy in my opinion, but it was still a nice little collection to visit with its location nestled in a warehouse in Little Tokyo!


As our day neared towards the end, my godmother asked me if there were any places in Downtown LA that I still wanted to see since we were out there and that is when I remembered this mural I had been wanting to visit since I first saw it in an Instagram a year and a half ago. My closest friends and family know how much Audrey Hepburn means to me and to see the mural in person was so exciting and I couldn't believe it! We then walked around Downtown LA and visited The Last Bookstore, which was so cool and another thing I was able to cross off of my bucket list!


By the time I got home, I was exhausted from such a fun and cultured day haha I cannot wait until the day I get to visit The Broad! Also my LA bucket list is still pretty long, so hopefully I'll be able to knock out a lot of them this summer!

Until next time...

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Kelly Guidry. Design by Fearne.