Madeleines


Hello, or should I say Bonjour!

If you do not know already, I am currently taking French in school and this is surprisingly my fourth year! Every semester my teacher assigns this project where we have to embrace French culture in some way, shape, or form. I always opt for trying to cook because French cuisine is some of the best out there! If you want to see my cooking adventures from last semester, click here. For this semester, I chose to make madeleines! These are one of my favorite French desserts because they are not too sweet and taste great with a side of coffee or tea. Also, their shell shape makes them look so cute and you don't have to do much to present them, just a simple stacking on a pretty plate and you're all set! For the recipe to these delicious treats, click here. These cakes were really easy to make and most of the ingredients you can find in your house already. The only downside is that you need the shell mold because they wouldn't be madeleines without their classic shape. Luckily, my teacher had some already so I didn't need to go out and buy molds, but you should be able to find them at Bed, Bath and Beyond or even Target.

I can't believe I only have one more semester of French so my final culture project will have to be a great one! Can't wait to see what I decide to do!

Jusq'uà la prochaine fois...

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Kelly Guidry. Design by Fearne.