Kelly Guidry New York

Hello everyone! I have just gotten back from my trip to New York and oh boy do I love that city! Although it was cold and my California body was practically shivering the entire time (east coast people are probably laughing because it was only 50 degrees), I had an awesome time and seriously cannot wait to go back! Here are some pictures from my adventure there, enjoy!


DAY ONE
It had been two years since the last time I was on a plane so I was pretty happy to be travelling in general, but the fact that I was heading towards New York made things all the better hehe! It was also my first time flying with Virgin America and the purple lights in the cabin combined with the gorgeous pink and purple sky outside my window made it a perfect and surprisingly quick flight (only 4 1/2 hours!)


DAY TWO
So my trip to New York was mainly for college visits so my first visit was to Hofstra University in Hempstead, NY. As you can see from the pictures, the campus is gorgeous, but I'm pretty sure any campus on the east coast during autumn is gorgeous because of the trees! I have never seen so many yellow and orange and red leaves—my heart was in heaven. The one thing about Hofstra that I loved was when the couple that found Hofstra were planning to build the university, the only way the wife would be okay with it was if her cats would be able to roam around the campus freely so now the descendants of those cats walk around and live on campus, which is pretty cool coming from a cat lover hehe


DAY THREE 
Since I didn't have any college visits scheduled this day, I decided to meet up with my friend Ashley who goes to school in NY for some food and adventuring around the city. We ate at Urban Space, which is a couple blocks from Grand Central Station and I had this delicious pizza and it was fun catching up! Then we headed out to Central Park, aka my favorite place in the city and the park was GORGEOUS that day! The leaves were so beautiful and it wasn't too crowded so it was nice walking around. Then when we headed back to my hotel, I got some few shots of the city oh my, when I was editing these photos, it made me so sad! I'm pretty sure I'm having PNYD (Post New York Depression) because I miss the city so much! 


DAY FOUR
My final day in New York was spent at Fordham University, located in the Bronx. Let me say this, I LOVE THIS CAMPUS SO MUCH omg the Gothic architecture of the buildings combined with the gorgeous trees (and not to mention the gorgeous boys hehe) I have officially fallen in love with this school! Also after the campus tour, we ate at this amazing Italian restaurant on Arthur Ave. which is known as the Little Italy of the Bronx so that was a plus hehe I definitely could see myself at this school in the near future!


Overall, I had a wonderful time in the city that I have fallen in love with and I seriously cannot wait until I get to go back again. Now that I am back in SoCal, I have to admit that I miss the 40 degree weather, which is weird to say because who would want to actually be in the cold!? I guess I do hehe Anyways, I cannot wait for my future travels and being able to document them as well!

Until next time...

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Kelly Guidry. Design by Fearne.