Chuck & Pat Guidry


1955: the year Walt Disney opened the amusement park Disneyland, Rosa Parks was arrested for her refusal to sit in the back of a bus, but we cannot forget that on July 23, Chuck & Pat Guidry embarked on their new journey as newlyweds! Fast forward 60 years and 8 children, 19 grandchildren, 4 great-grandchildren (+1 on the way!) later they are still as silly and in love as they were when they were young adults! In honor of them celebrating their Diamond anniversary, it would only seem right to post the photos from the photoshoot I was able to do with them!

It's so crazy to think that two people could be in love for over 60 years, especially now in society where we hear more about people getting divorced than making it to 10 years! My grandparents will always be my "relationship goals" because they have been able to stand each other's quirks throughout all these years. I only hope to one day find someone who I can spend 60+ years with!

I will never forget, at one point I had them both look at each other in the eyes and the first thing my grandpa said to my grandma was, "I didn't know you have blue eyes!" I couldn't tell if he was joking or not, but either way it was so cute and hilarious! Going into the photoshoot, I made a Pinterest board with poses that I wanted to do and s/o to them for being so cooperative with me as I tried to mimic the photos the best I could do! Luckily, their spirits were so lively throughout the shoot it helped make everything a wonderful experience.

I am so honored to be the granddaughter of such loving, funny, caring (the list could go on and on) individuals and I wish them the best on their anniversary!

Here's to 60 more ;-)

Until next time...

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Kelly Guidry. Design by Fearne.